In many cases certain verbiage associated with the sale of precious metals and numismatics is used interchangeably to imply the value or suitability of a product. In this article we are addressing the strict definition of these terms. For more reading on objectives, time lines, and products see our article 'Investment Guidance'.
- Collect - to gather or accumulate a group of related objects, especially as a hobby.
- Hobby - an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.
- Numismatics - of, relating to, or consisting of coins, medals, paper money, etc.
- Capital Appreciation - the difference between the purchase price (cost) and fair market value (if higher than cost) when liquidated.
- Hedge - a means of protecting oneself from financial loss.
- Inflation - is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price level rises, each unit of currency buys few goods and services.
- Invest - to commit money for financial return in the form of income or to appreciate in the future.